Hyundai Motor India Ltd has launched the next-generation Hyundai i20 2012 which will be called “Hyundai i20 iGen”. The car got facelift and will be available in 12 different variants with prices starting from Rs. 4.73 lakh.
Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 comes with upgraded 1.2 Kappa petrol engine with Dual VTVT mechanism with more power and improved mileage. The 1.2 Litre Kappa engine delivers max of 83 BHP of power. The 1.4 U2 CRDi diesel engine comes with 6-speed manual transmission that delivers 90 PS of power and 224 Nm of torque. The 1.4 Gamma automatic petrol producing 100 PS power and 139Nm of torque is paired to a 4-speed automatic transmission.
Hyundai revised exterior design including hexagonal front grille with company signature, lower airdam and new headlamp units. While on rear side, it has new tail lamps and bumper. On the inside, it gets new Audio player with USB playback capability, 4 speakers, aux-in and Bluetooth connectivity along with Steering Mounted Audio and Bluetooth controls.
Hyundai i20 iGen has some nice premium features like Smart Key with Push Button Start, Rear parking camera with display in interior mirror, electro chromic anti-glare mirror, One Touch Triple Turn signal, Rain sensing Wipers and Leather Wrapped steering Wheel and Gear Shift Knob.
When it comes to safety, i20 iGen has 6 Airbags, Rear Disc Brakes, ABS, clutch lock system, Reverse parking sensor, Speed sensing auto door locking and impact sensing auto door unlocking.
Hyundai i20 iGen 1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT petrol engine delivers a mileage of 18.6 kmpl (15 kmpl in automatic transmission) and 1.4 CRDi diesel engine delivers a mileage of 21.9 kmpl.
- Rear parking camera with display in interior mirror
- Electro chromic anti-glare mirror
- Air-Cluster ionizer
- Supervision Cluster
- Auto Headlight Control Function
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- 6 Airbags
- Rear Disc Brakes
- Smart Key with Push Button Start
- Smart pedal system (in case of panic, the brake pedal overrides the accelerator pedal)
- Clutch lock system
- One Touch Triple Turn Signal
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Gear Shift Knob
- Driver Seat Arm Rest
- Electric Adjustable Folding and Heated Outside Mirrors
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering
- 60:40 Split Seat with cushion pop-up
- 2-DIN CD/MP3 Audio System with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters, USB, aux-in and Blue tooth connectivity
- Steering Mounted Audio and Bluetooth controls
- Speed sensing auto door locking
- Impact sensing auto door unlocking
- Reverse Parking Sensors
Hyundai i20 iGen Pricing:
|Variants||Fuel||Price (Ex-showroom Delhi)|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Era||Petrol||Rs. 4,73,400|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Magna||Petrol||Rs. 4,97,310|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Magna (O)||Petrol||Rs. 5,27,278|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Sportz||Petrol||Rs. 5,75,247|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Sportz AT||Petrol||Rs. 7,67,405|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Asta||Petrol||Rs. 6,21,082|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Asta (O) with Sunroof||Petrol||Rs. 6,65,894|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Era||Diesel||Rs. 5,96,334|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Magna||Diesel||Rs. 6,20,243|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Magna (O)||Diesel||Rs. 6,50,213|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Sportz||Diesel||Rs. 6,98,183|
|Hyundai i-gen i20 Asta||Diesel||Rs. 7,44,013|