Toyota Camry Hybrid combines a newly developed hybrid 2.5 L Beltless petrol engine with an electric motor. The vehicle uses Hybrid Synergy Drive, which automatically sense when to switch between the petrol engine and electric motor. The new technology automatically controls the engine and motor output for optimum fuel efficiency. Both petrol engine and electric motor together gives maximum power of 205 PS.
Another awesome feature is the motor is activated as a generator to convert the moving vehicle kinetic energy into electricity. From this generated electricity, it charges the battery. This process, usually happens at the time of decelerating and braking and is called regenerative braking.
The Camry Hybrid comes with an Electronically Controlled Continuous Variable Transmission (E-CVT), which provides enhanced driving performance, with reduced fuel consumption and lower NVH.
The car gives the mileage of 19.16 kmpl.
Hiroshi Nakagawa, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, TKM:
The Camry Hybrid is India’s first locally manufactured Hybrid vehicle. Manufacturing the Camry hybrid locally, in India, marks a very important milestone in the history of TKM and the Indian automobile industry. It is our endeavor to offer the best vehicles with the most advanced technology to India. Toyota is a pioneer in Hybrid technology and thus we were very keen to manufacture the all New Camry Hybrid in India, as well. This is in line with Toyota’s global philosophy to encourage the use of hybrid vehicles across the globe, for a greener tomorrow. Manufacturing Camry hybrid locally will be yet another step towards Toyota’s global commitment.
Features of Toyota Camry Hybrid:
- Hybrid Exclusive Radiator Grille & Bumper & Fog Lamp Bezel
- LED Headlamps
- Rear Fog Lamps
- 17” Alloy Wheels
- Auto Folding & Reverse Linked ORVM’s with Memory
- Hybrid Emblem & HSD Logo
- Acoustic Glass
- Power reclining rear seat (first in the segment)
- 3 Zone Air-Conditioner (first in the segment)
- Seat ventilation system front seats
- Hybrid exclusive Interior Ornamentation, Combimeter & Hybrid System Indicator
- Power Tilt & Telescope Steering Column with Memory
- Driver seat position memory
- Power sun shade rear window & Manual sunshade for rear door windows (first in the segment)
- Collapsible headrest for front passenger seat
- Assist grips adopted for front seat backs
- EC (Electro Chromic) Anti-glare mirror
- High Density Dashboard Silencer Material
- Accessory Connector on rear armrest
- Auto Power windows for All Seats
- 4 SRS Airbags
- Hill start assist control
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Traction Control
- Back Monitors + Corner Sensors
The All New Toyota Camry Hybrid is priced at ₹ 29,75,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) and is available in four colors: gray metallic, White, Silver and Black. Booking and Deliveries start today.