Hyundai India has unveiled the compact SUV Hyundai Creta. With Hyundai Creta, a company wants to feel its presence in the compact SUV market.
The Creta body is designed using high quality material like ultra-high tensile steel which ensures rigidity, structural strength and crash performance. The new structure is called Hive Structure.
The robust SUV benefits protection in all directions from the “Ring-Shaped Frames”. Each pillar, including the center pillar, body side frames and bottom are positioned in a ringlike layout, all connected to form a protective shell.
• High Body rigidity with a ring structure design for enhanced structural safety, improved durability, ride & handling and improved crash performance
• Enhanced body endurance & crash performance comprising high proportion of Advanced High Strength steel (AHSS) & Ultra High Strength Steel (UHSS)
• Reinforced roof structure with multiple cross members for enhanced strength and more loading capacity
• Improved crash performance both frontal & side with the addition of the dash cross member, use of larger diameter welds joints & use of reinforced side members having tailor welded beams (TWB) on door panels
• Front end bolted type modular structure to reduce the maintenance cost
• Low NVH with detail optimization of dash panel, center floor tunnel, anti-vibration pads and dash insulators.
The Creta will be based on Fluidic 2.0 Design philosophy which I already discussed in Hyundai Creta Sketch posts.
The Hyundai Creta will be available in both Petrol & Diesel engine. The car features 1.6 Dual VTVT and U2 1.4 CRDi & U2 1.6 CRDi VGT diesel engines. Both 6 Speed Manual & Automatic Transmission will be available.
• The powerful 1.6 Gamma Dual VTVT petrol engine offers 123 PS power with high fuel efficiency
• 1.6 CRDi VGT (MT/AT) Diesel engine offers the best in class power of 128 PS
• The Automatic Transmission with 1.6 CRDi VGT is a first- in segment diesel AT offering and would redefine SUV driving experience for the Indian customer
Features of Hyundai Creta
- 7”Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels*
- Projector Headlamps
- LED Positioning lamps
- Static bending
- Leather seats
- Shark fin antenna*
- Audio Video Navigation system
- 5” touchscreen audio system
- Supervision Cluster
- Smart key w/ Push button start
- FATC w/ Cluster ionizer
- Electric folding ORVM*
- Rear AC vents
- Steering mounted controls
- 1 GB internal memory*
- Dual Airbags
- Side & Curtain Airbags*
- Reverse Parking Camera*
The car will launch in India at 21st July 2015.