Tata Motors announced the launch of the new Safari Storme 2015 in India with based on the company new HORIZONEXT strategy. In this strategy, the vehicle is loaded with new performance (DRIVENEXT) and connectivity features (CONNECTNEXT).
- Advanced 2.2 L VARICOR Engine with renewed power of 150 PS, improved Low End Torque and a 5-speed gearbox
- Fuel efficiency of 14.1 kmpl
Tata Safari Storme 2015 comes with new DRIVENEXT based 2.2 L VARICOR engine with improved power of 150 PS and better low-end torque of 320 Nm. The engine is mated with a 5-speed gearbox. The new engine will sprint the car from 0 to 100 km/h in 14 seconds.
The 4×4 variant also features ESOF (electronic shift-on-fly) technology, enabling engagement of the 4×4 or 4X2 mode on the move, with high fuel efficiency at 14.1 kmpl.
- Airbags for the top end VX variants
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) & EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution)
- Capable 4X4 with ESOF (Electronic Shift on-Fly), with a ground clearance of 200 mm
The car turning radius of 5.4 meters with 200mm ground clearance which makes it perfect for off-road driving. For safety, the car has ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) & EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution) brings in the reassurance for better control. Other than these, we’ve crumple zones, side intrusion beams on all four doors, dual SRS airbags and the collapsible steering.
- An all-new upper and lower front look grill in Charcoal Grey and Ocean Grey.
- New Diamond motif
- Subtle changes in roof rails.
- New interior with Java Black color theme with Warm sliver accents
- New seat design
Comfort & Hi-tech features
- New Integrated CONNECTNEXT Infotainment system by Harman
- Ultrasonic reverse parking sensors, on the CONNECTNEXT screen
- Dual air-conditioning, with built-in rear vents for all-round cooling
The car has sufficient space for 5 people to sit in comfort and also plenty of luggage space for longer rides. The company added 5-link suspension with coil springs for rear and double wishbone suspension at the front. The new 260mm diameter self-adjusting clutch enables easy gear shifting.
The new Safari Storme has been updated with a newly integrated CONNECTNEXT Infotainment System by Harman, along with Tata Motors new Signature Multi-Functional Steering Wheel, with integrated controls.
The price of new Safari Storme 2015 starts at ₹ 9.99 Lacs (ex-showroom Delhi).
The SUV comes in four variants LX (4×2), EX (4×2), VX (4×2 and 4×4), in five classy colors – Arctic Silver, Urban Bronze, Pearl White, Astern Black and Arctic White. The new Safari Storme will also come with a warranty of 3 years or 100,000 kms, whichever is earlier, extendable upto 4 years or 150,000 kms.