SKODA launched the redesigned Superb in India, the car first unveiled at Auto Expo 2014 and after 4 days they launched the car in India at a separate event in New Delhi.
SKODA redesigned Superb sport company new design elements, a fresh exterior and improved technical specifications. The new Superb will compete with other vehicles in the premium sedan segment in India. The vehicle has a completely new front and rear end as well as a fresh interior.
The front end has been completely redesigned up to the A-pillars, The changes are radiator grille, vehicle logo, front headlights and fog lights, bumper, front fender and bonnet. The Superb has bi-xenon headlights with integrated LED daytime running lights and LED turn signals for the first time.
The rear of the vehicle has also been completely redesigned. The rear taillights shines even more brightly than before. Three light strips make up the C-shaped rear lights coming standards as LEDs.
The design of wheels has also been refreshed.
The company retains Superb clever Twindoor system. Users can open hatchback in two ways, either just open the boot lid or the entire rear boot including the rear window.
The new SKODA Superb features Adaptive Front Light System (AFS) which provides the best possible visual conditions when driving in the dark, it will provide optimum illumination on the road and surroundings in various driving situations.
The redesigned Superb available in both Petrol and Diesel engine. The 1798cc Petrol engine will produce maximum power of 160 PS @ 4500-6200 RPM and maximum torque of 250 Nm @ 1500–4500 RPM. It’ll give a mileage of 13.1 kmpl.
The 1968cc Diesel engine will produce maximum power of 140 PS @ 4200 RPM and maximum torque of 370 Nm @ 1750–4500 RPM. It’ll give a mileage of 17.2 kmpl.
Features of new SKODA Superb:
- Interior wood design decor on front upper dashboard and door panels
- Turn indicator in external mirrors
- Bi-Xenon headlights with dynamic leveling
- Halogen projector headlights with manual leveling
- Light Assistant – automatic headlight system with light sensor
- Corner function with front fog lights
- Front and rear fog lights
- Warning indicators on all doors
- Rear windscreen defogger with timer
- Automatically dimming interior and external rear view mirror
- HHC (Hill Hold Control)
- ABS with EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution)
- MBA (Mechanical Brake Assistant)
- HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistant)
- ASR (Anti Slip Regulation)
- EDL (Electronic Differential Lock)
- TCS (Traction Control System)
- ESP (Electronic Stability Programme)
- Eight airbags
- Adjustable headrests
- Pedestrian protection
- SKODA audio player with touchscreen controls
- 6.5 LCD TFT colour display
- Climate control
SKODA Superb Specifications:
|Engine||Turbocharged Petrol and Diesel Engine|
|Maximum Power||Petrol: 160 PS @ 4500–6200 RPM
Diesel: 140 PS @ 4200 RPM
|Maximum Torque||Petrol: 250 Nm @ 1500–4500 RPM
Diesel: 320 Nm @ 1750–2500 RPM
|Mileage||Petrol: 13.1/13.7 kmpl
Diesel: 17.2 kmpl
|Wheel Drive||Front Wheel drive|
|Transmission||Petrol: Manual 6-speed fully synchronized/ Automatic 7-speed, DSG, with Tiptronic manual gear changing
Diesel: Automatic 6-speed, DSG, with Tiptronic manual gear changing
|Dimension||4838 x 1817 x 1482 mm|
|Ground Clearance||158 mm|
|Storage Capacity||565 l|
|Fuel Tank||60 L|
SKODA Super Price in India:
|Model||Price in ₹ (ex-showroom Delhi)|
|Ambition 1,8 TSI 118kW MT||1,887,000|
|Elegance 1,8 TSI 118kW MT||2,065,000|
|Elegance 1,8 TSI 118kW AT||2,227,000|
|Ambition 2,0 TDI 103kW AT||2,343,000|
|Elegance 2,0 TDI 103kW AT||2,520,000|