Piaggio Group debut another scooter brand in India called Aprilia. Before this Piaggio also handle Vespa Scooter brand which falls under premium segment. With Aprilia, Piaggio is looking to target mid-range scooter customers.
The Aprilia SR 150 is combined feel of a sports bike with the scooter. The scooter was designed in Italy and will be manufactured in Maharashtra plant. The Aprilia SR 150 features 4-stroke, single cylinder 150cc engine, sporty look, 14-inch five-spoke wheels and twin pod analog speedometer with fuel gauge and odometer.
The SR 150 is powered by 155cc, 3-valve engine comes with MAP sensing and Variable Spark Timing Management which produced maximum power of 11.6 PS @ 7000 RPM and maximum torque of 11.5 Nm @ 5500 RPM.
Aprilia takes cares of the comfort level of both passenger and pillion with its telescopic front and monoshock suspension. The scooter runs on a 14-inch 5 spoke alloy wheels with five spokes and tubeless tyres and has a fuel tank capacity of 7 litres. The scooter also features 220mm disc brake at the front and 140mm drum brake at the rear.
Aprilia SR 150 Features
- Sporty handlebar with Integrated turn indicator lights
- 155cc Engine
- Double-barrel headlight unit on the front break
- Twin pod analogue speedometer, fuel gauge, Odometer
- 14″ Black 5-spoke alloy wheels
- Tubeless Tyres
- Highly rigid steel frame structure
- 220 mm twin piston ventilated front disc brake
- 140 mm rear drum brake with black calipers
- Hydraulic telescopic front fork suspension and single arm rear suspension
- Retractable front bag hook
- Stylish pillion footsteps
- Mobile charger under seat
Aprilia SR 150 Specifications
- Displacement: 154.4cc, 4 Stroke
- Max. Power: 11.6 PS @ 7000 RPM
- Max. Torque: 11.5 Nm @ 5500 RPM
- Front Suspension: Hydraulic telescopic fork
- Rear Suspension: Hydraulic shock absorber
- Front Brake: 220 mm disc brake
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Tyres: Tubeless
- Fuel Capacity: 6 Litres
Price & Availability
The Price of Piaggio Aprilia SR 150: Rs. 65,000
The scooter is available at Piaggio dealership from August 2016. You can also book the Aprilia SR 150 on PayTM. The Scooter is available in two colors: Matte Black and White