Hyundai has launched its Compact SUV Creta in India. Hyundai wants to strengthen its position in the Indian SUV market. With this launch, Hyundai is directly competitive with Duster, Ford Figo, Avventura & Nissan Terrano.
Hyundai Creta is made up of strong ‘Hive Structure’ body shell which provides sturdiness and stability. The ring shaped frames applied at B-Pillar, C-Pillar and engine bay helps to achieve high body rigidity, improved durability and crash performance. The ring frame structure realizes a significant increase in body stiffness, which contributes to more precise handling while maintaining excellent ride quality.
The ‘Hive’ structure in CRETA delivers strong benefits such as:
- High Body rigidity with ring structure design for enhanced structural safety, improved durability, ride & handling and reduced side impact
- Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) & Ultra High Strength Steel (UHSS) for enhanced body endurance, corrosion durability and lighter body for better mileage
- Reinforced roof structure with multiple cross members for enhanced strength
- Improved crash performance with addition of dash cross members. Use of larger diameter weld joints & use of reinforced side members having Tailor Welded Blanks (TWB) on door panels for improved body strength
- Front end modular structure to reduce the maintenance cost
Other exterior features include triple slat chrome radiator grille, creased hood, lines projector headlamps integrated with LED positioning lamps, vertical fog lamps, sporty stylish skid plate and dual tone front bumper.
Hyundai Creta is based on Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 Design.
Some Exterior elements:
- Diamond cut 17’’ Alloy Wheels- Best-in-class
- Projector Headlamps
- LED Positioning Lamps
- Static bending
- Roof Rails & Skid Plates
- Door Scuff Plates
- Triple slat Chrome Radiator Grille
- Shark fin antenna- Best -in-Class
- A-Pillar piano black finish – Best- in-class
To gives you the premium SUV feel, Hyundai added high quality premium interiors with the use of high-grade materials. The Creta interior features well cushioned and comfortable seats with optimum thigh and back support. Attractive seats covered in full-leather upholstery, rear seat with 60:40 split.
- Premium Leather seats
- Fully Automatic temperature control with Cluster ionizer
- Mood change bar in FATC- Best-in-class
- Electric folding ORVM- Best-in-class
- Rear AC vents
- Smart Key with push button start
- Steering mounted Audio & Bluetooth controls
- Rear seat centre armrest with cup-holders
- Front console armrest with storage box
- 1 GB internal memory- Best-in-class
The Hyundai Creta will be available in both Petrol & Diesel engine. The car features 1.6 Dual VTVT and U2 1.4 CRDi VGT & U2 1.6 CRDi VGT diesel engines. Both 6 Speed Manual & Automatic Transmission will be available.
• The powerful 1.6 Gamma Dual VTVT petrol engine offers 123 PS power with high fuel efficiency
• 1.6 CRDi VGT (MT/AT) Diesel engine offers the best in class power of 128 PS
• The Automatic Transmission with 1.6 CRDi VGT is a first- in segment diesel AT offering and would redefine SUV driving experience for the Indian customer
The Creta is powered by 1.6 Gamma Dual VTVT Petrol engine with 1591 cc which produces maximum power of 123 PS @ 6400 RPM and maximum torque of 15.4 kgm @ 4850 RPM.
The Creta Petrol Engine Mileage is 15.29 kmpl
The Creta comes with two diesel engine options: 1.4 U2 CRDi Diesel engine and 1.6 U2 CRDi VGT (MT/AT) Diesel engine.
The 1.4 U2 CRDi Diesel engine with 1396 cc which produces maximum power of 90 PS @ 4000 RPM and maximum torque of 22.4 kgm @ 1500-2750 RPM.
The Creta 1.4 Diesel Engine Mileage is 21.38 kmpl
The 1.6 U2 CRDi VGT Diesel engine with 1396 cc and manual/auto transmission gives you maximum power of 128 PS @ 4000 RPM and maximum torque of 26.5 kgm @ 1900-2750 RPM.
The Creta 1.6 Diesel Engine Mileage is 19.67 kmpl (Manual) & 17.01 kmpl (Auto).
Next Gen Infotainment System
The Creta equipped with a next generation infotainment system, it boasts 7” Audio Video Navigation (AVN) and with 6 speakers sound system, Aux-in, IPOD, USB, Mp3, CD, Bluetooth support with 1GB Memory. The AVN system features an Advance Touch interface , user friendly maps, video playing and image viewing capability through USB, Bluetooth support and rear camera display.
To ensure enhanced comfort and convenience CRETA offers an array of Hi-tech features:
- 7” Audio Video Navigation System (AVN)
- 5’’ Touch screen Audio system
- Supervision Cluster
- Smart Key with push button start
- FATC with cluster ionizer and mood change bar
- LED positioning lamps
- Shark Fin Antenna
- Follow me home headlamp
All Hyundai cars are developed, tested and built-in keeping with the Hyundai ‘Safe-Drive Philosophy’. Beyond active safety technologies, CRETA is built to comply with Hyundai’s strict safety standards, helping it to meet the safety requirements.
- 6 Airbags- Best-in-class
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Reverse parking camera with steering adaptive guidelines & Sensors – Best in class
- Electronic Stability control (ESC)
- Vehicle stability Management (VSM)
- Hill Start Assist control (HAC)
- Front Fog lamps
- Static bending – Cornering lamps
- Projector headlamps
Price & Availability
Hyundai Creta will be available in 10 variants with 7 color options.
|Model||Petrol Engine (Price in ₹)||1.4 Diesel Engine (Price in ₹)||1.6 Diesel Engine (Price in ₹)|